Title: Strategic Intelligence Monitor on Personal Health Systems Phase 3 (SIMPHS3) - eTrikala (Greece) Case Study Report
Authors: VELLIDOU EleftheriaPSYMARNOU Markela
Editors: ABADIE Fabienne
CODAGNONE Cristiano
Publisher: Publications Office of the European Union
Publication Year: 2014
JRC N°: JRC93830
ISBN: 978-92-79-45041-9
ISSN: 1831-9424
Other Identifiers: EUR 27058
OP LF-NA-27058-EN-N
URI: http://publications.jrc.ec.europa.eu/repository/handle/JRC93830
DOI: 10.2791/989368
Type: EUR - Scientific and Technical Research Reports
Abstract: Since 2004, the office for the development of eGovernment services of the Trikala municipality (henceforth eTrikala Office), has been promoting new broadband technologies and the implementation of ICT projects for the municipality. On 8 April 2008 this office became a start up company, eTrikala S.A. The municipality of Trikala the majority shareholder owning 99% of the share capital, and the remaining 1% is owned by the local Chambers of Commerce. The first service to be implemented by eTrikala S.A. was a Telehealth centre in the municipality. Up until 2010, the centre provided telemonitoring services to chronic patients suffering from the following chronic diseases: diabetes type II, chronic heart failure, and COPD. Patients were equipped with light-weight handheld devices and could record their vital signs at home. The data recorded was periodically transferred to the municipality hospital and private physicians over the internet or GPRS for review and feedback by doctors via the telehealth centre. In 2010, the eTrikala telemonitoring services were also extended to the older population suffering from mild cognitive impairment. The service was discontinued in 2013 due to the lack of specialised health care professionals (e.g. psychologists) needed to provide advice and assistance to the home-telemonitored patients.
JRC Directorate:Growth and Innovation

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
jrc93830.pdf1.24 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.