Title: Evaluation of the Laboratory Comparison Exercise for SO2, CO, O3, NO and NO2 30th September - 3rd October 2013 Ispra
Authors: LAGLER FriedrichBARBIERE MAURIZIO
Publisher: Publications Office of the European Union
Publication Year: 2014
JRC N°: JRC89757
ISBN: 978-92-79-37796-9
ISSN: 1831-9424
Other Identifiers: EUR 26604
OP LB-NA-26604-EN-N
URI: http://publications.jrc.ec.europa.eu/repository/handle/JRC89757
DOI: 10.2788/52182
Type: EUR - Scientific and Technical Research Reports
Abstract: Within the harmonization program of Air Quality monitoring in Europe ERLAP Laboratories are organizing Inter-Laboratory Comparison in the facility of Ispra (Italy). From the 30th of September to the 3rd of October 2013 in Ispra (IT), eight Laboratories of AQUILA (Network of European Air Quality Reference Laboratories) met for a laboratory comparison exercise to evaluate their proficiency in the analysis of inorganic gaseous pollutants covered by European Directive about air quality (SO2, CO, NO, NO2 and O3). The proficiency evaluation, where each participant’s bias was compared to two criteria, provides information on the current situation and capabilities to the European Commission and can be used by participants in their quality control system. On the basis of criteria imposed by the European Commission, 89.4% of the results reported by AQUILA laboratories were good both in terms of measured values and reported uncertainties. The rest 10.6% of the results had good measured values, but the reported uncertainties were either too high (7.3%) or too small (3.3%). Comparability of results among AQUILA participants at the highest concentration level, excluding outliers, is acceptable in for all pollutants measurements.
JRC Directorate:Sustainable Resources

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
lb-na-26604-en-n.pdf5.05 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.